Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Easiest White Sauce Ever!

My sister taught me how to make this white sauce and I've been using this recipe ever since. I make it in the microwave.
From this white sauce I make a range of different sauces.

Ingredients:
1 Tbs butter/margarine
1 Tbs plain flour
1 cup milk
salt to taste
Good grinding of black pepper

Method:
1. Melt the butter
2. Add the flour and whisk through
3. Add the milk and whisk through
4. Place in the microwave for 2 minutes stiring every 30 seconds until nice and thick.
5. Add the salt and pepper.
Makes about between 300ml-400ml

Cheese Sauce:
Once your white sauce is done and still hot add a handful of either cheddar or gouda cheese and a 1 tsp of bbq spice (optional). This sauce is great with pastas like macaroni topped with cheese and into the oven till cheese is golden....yum yum.

Garlic and Black Pepper Sauce:
Add 1tsp of crushed garlic and a good grinding of black pepper to your white sauce. This sauce goes great with fried chicken and steamed veggies.

Mushroom Sauce:
Slice up about 6 button mushrooms. Quickly fry them with some garlic and bbq spice (optional) then add to your white sauce.
I actually use this sauce as a pizza base topping when I make chicken and mushroom pizza but then I just make the sauce a bit thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment